Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cheesy Zucchini Bites

I had these yummy little appetizers at a party a while ago, and I asked the hostess for the recipe. They are delicious cheesy bites of goodness. I recently made them for a get-together at a friend's house and they were a hit. I thought I would share the recipe with ya'll!

Cheesy Zucchini Bites
recipe source
  • 5 medium zucchini (about 6 inches long)
  • 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
  • 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
Cut zucchini into 3/4-inch slices. Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the insides and discard, leaving the bottom intact. Place zucchini on an ungreased baking sheet; spoon 1/2teaspoon crumbled blue cheese into each. Combine the Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper; sprinkle half over blue cheese. Top each with a tomato slice; sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan mixture. Bake at 400°F until cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes. When I made them it took about 10 minutes to cook. I think it depends on how thick the zucchini are and how much you scoop out of them. I wanted them to cook until the zucchini was soft. Serve warm. Makes 35 appetizers.



No comments:

Post a Comment