![]() |
| 11 months! |
![]() |
| Crawling baby! |
* Weight: 23 ish lbs.
* Length: 29 ish in.
* Wearing 9 month tops and bottoms, and 12 month one piece rompers and one piece outfits
* Wearing size 4 diapers
* Bottles: 7 am (8 oz), 1 pm (8 oz), and 7:30 pm (8 oz)--getting ready to cut out one bottle to sub for milk in a cup (probably midday)
* Naps: He usually sleeps a total of 3-4 hours during the day
* Nighttime sleep: Sawyer goes to bed around 8 pm and sleeps until 6:30 or 7 am.
* Breakfast: yogurt, oatmeal, or fruit (stage 3) 8:30 am
* Lunch, He has a stage 3 veggie (11:30 am)
* Dinner, He has either a jar veggie or dinner (stage 3), or diced table food (5:30 or 6 pm)
* Table food: Sawyer eats anything and everything we put in front of him.
* Snacks: Gerber puffs, Baby Mum Mums, yogurt melts, diced fruit, plain Cheerios
* Sippy Cup: Sawyer drinks water out of the cup--introducing milk soon.
* Sawyer has 8 teeth! 4 on the bottom and 4 on the top! Maybe getting more in the back. He will bite us if we try and check!
* Crawling!!! He started a few days before turning 11 months.
* Trying to pull up on everything!! He loves playing on the floor and bed. He doesn't want to be confined in the exersaucer for long amounts of time.
* Sawyer still sucks his index and middle fingers on his right hand, esp. when he is tired! He loves his lovies. He usually only has them in his crib, but sometimes he hangs on to it while being lifted out of the crib.
* He babbles all day long...dada, mama, guh, other 2 syllable combinations. Starting to say bye-bye-bye
* Sawyer's newest thing is to point at objects. He often points at overhead lights and fans. He actually uses his index finger too!
* Motor skills: He can pick up small objects like cheerios and other small food with his thumb and index finger. He has great fine motor skills! He will also roll/push a toy car on the floor.
* Baby proofing: Because our sweet little boy is now mobile, we have had to do a little baby proofing around the house. He has discovered the electrical outlets and Scotch's water bowl. We need to put baby gates at the top and bottom of the stairs as well. I'm sure we will think of more that needs to be done as we go along on this new adventure!
This past Friday afternoon, our plan was to pack up and head to the Isle of Palms for the weekend. Will had a masonic function to attend in the low country with some of his brothers. Us girls (and Sawyer) planned to do a little shopping on Saturday. Well, as we were packing up to leave town, I slammed my hand into the railing by our steps. Will thought my pinky finger was dislocated. We put ice on it and said we would go to the doctor if it got worse. So, we headed out of town as planned. Friday and Saturday, I kept ice on it as much as I could. It is hard tending to a busy 11 month old baby with an injured hand. Sunday when we got home, we went to the urgent care to get it looked at, because it wasn't getting any better. It was still swollen and bruised. I got x-rays done, and it turns out it is broken! The 5th metatarsal, which is right below my pinky finger on my right hand. They put me in a temporary wrap until I could get to an orthopedist. I am scheduled to go this afternoon to see the doc. Let's hope I don't have to get a hard cast! We have two more beach weekends scheduled and Sawyer's birthday party. Nevermind that it would be even more difficult to take care of Sawyer and other household chores with a hard cast.
![]() |
| Splish, Splash! |
****Update****
I had my appointment at Moore Orthopedic Clinic. I saw Greg, Dr. McFadden's PA. He was great, and very thorough. It turns out I have two little fractures in the 4th and 5th metacarpals. He put me in a velcro hand brace! No hard cast! I have to go back in 2 weeks for a follow-up and more x-rays. At least now I can shower and bathe Sawyer without too much of a hassle. However, I am suppose to wear the brace as much as possible, so I do start to heal.





No comments:
Post a Comment